Friday, August 7, 2015

Write What You Know, Part II

I have often been told to write what you know.  I still haven't figured out what that means exactly.  But this is one thing I know: I love my family; I love that I am very active in raising my son, soon to be sons, as a stay at home mom. 

I know with absolute certainty that I am not cut out to be a full time stay at home mom.  Days that I am completely in charge of taking care of our 3 year old son all day by myself are torturous for me. 

I find myself fantasizing about working outside the home in a job I enjoy with other adults.  Sometimes I even envision working in an office setting like the law office I worked at before we left Minnesota.  I picture myself dressed in business casual or nice outfits, working in an office with other people.

Then I come back to reality and enjoy the fact that I have such a free schedule to be able to travel with my family all the time and not have to worry about getting time off. 

I think if we lived in an area where there were more job opportunities, I would go back to work without hesitation and pick the kids up from daycare after work every weekday.  But we don't.  The nearest larger population center near us is not known for its job opportunities.  Plus, the commute alone, daily wouldn't be worth it unless I found an amazing job. 

So there you have it.  I'm not cut out to be a full time stay at home mom, but I haven't  found a job position that would be worth the commute or losing my freedom to go wherever, whenever with my family.  I am completely stuck in a situation that at times almost drives me to the point of insanity. 

I will keep looking for a great job opportunity and maybe someday soon, one will come my way.  Until then I will be trying to focus on the freedom of schedule that I have now and raising my 3 year old the best I can, even though, I am absolutely not cut out to be a full time stay at home mom.

No comments: