Thursday, August 20, 2015

Week 31 of Healthier Living in 2015

8/19/2015
For week 31: 8/12 - 8/19/2015
Weigh in Weight: 158.8 lbs
Previous Weigh in Weight: 159.2 lbs lose of 4 oz.

Goals for Week 31:
1) Drink at least 80 oz of water daily
2) Daily walk outside ( weather permitting)
3) Research and apply to sell stock photos online at iStock
4) Make a daily list of at least two things I am grateful for each day of week 31

Week 31 of my healthier living journey was both good and bad.  I completed all of my goals, but it was a hot, emotional week too, with a lot of frustration dealing with the heat and my gestational diabetes.

The extreme temperatures absolutely affected how my body was processing the sugars I ate.  My inability to take longer walks because of the heat didn't help either. 

Half way through the week, on Saturday, it started to cool down outside and for the most part my body is handling processing my sugars better and I have been able to get outside for longer walks with my son and husband in the evenings and with my son in the afternoons.

Smoke from the fires in Montana, Washington, Oregon, and California has made it hard the last couple of days to spend much time outside, but we still get out for our walks even though they are much shorter than usual.  I continue to pray for all those affected by the wildfires and that the smoke starts to clear up soon.

One exciting thing that has happened is that I applied to be a stock photo contributor on the website iStock.com and they have accepted my work.  I will now get paid to do something I enjoy, taking photos of nature and daily life.  It will probably take a while to make some real money, but it will give me something super fun to do and hopefully make some money every now and then too. :)

On another note: I attempted to do a craft project with my son during week 31.  It went okay.  I bought the wrong paint pens for the project and they were so messy and we had to do the project inside because it was rainy that day.  I ended up calling it a day after about 10 minutes because the paint was getting all over my son, the carpet and the table.  It was supposed to say, LOVE YOU DADDY.  Instead it looks more like LOVE OU DAD.  I think for our first major arts and crafts project together, it turned out great and my husband agrees. :)

Week 31 had some great up moments with craft time with my son, getting a work from home job doing something I love to do and hopefully get paid every once in a while for my work, and the weather cooling down so we can all get back outside. 

The downs mostly had to do with the heat and my body reacting badly to it.  My anxiety was kept in check a little by daily writing down a few things that I am grateful for each day.  After looking at my lists for the week, I was able to see once again that God truly provides us with all that we need in our lives at all times.  Thanks be to God!  Amen!

Goals for Week 32:  8/19 - 8/26/2015
1) Do more arts and crafts with my son and work on his writing, drawing and coloring skills.
2) Daily walks outside (weather permitting) and take nicer camera along to take photos to upload on iStock.
3) Set aside 30 minutes to 1 hour a day to write.  Do the same for reading.
4) Journal at least two times during the week.

No comments: