Thursday, August 13, 2015

Week 30 of Healthier Living in 2015

8/12/2015
For week 30: 8/5 - 8/12/2015
Weigh in Weight: 159.2 lbs
Previous weigh in weight: 159.2 lbs gain/lose of 0 lbs

Goals for week 30:
1) Daily walk outside (weather permitting)
2) Journal two times during the week
3) Read book for book club and 2 TIME magazines
4) Spend more time outside with my son (weather permitting)

Well, 3 out of 4 isn't bad for working on my goals.  Actually it is more like 3 1/2 out of 4 goals worked on and done throughout week 30.

Every day, despite the heat, my 3 year old son and I went for an afternoon walk outside.  It was exhausting and ended up with both of us hot and a bit cranky after each walk, but we were also happy to be outside and not stuck in the house all afternoon.  The hotter the day, the shorter the walk, but we were able to spend more time outside, which took care of two of my goals for week 30; daily walks outside and spending more time with my son outside.  And over all, we had a great time together on the cooler days, playing at the park and meeting people we know on the street and having conversation.  For people like my 3 year old son and I, there are not a whole lot of worse things than being cooped up inside when it is either too hot or too cold to go outside.  We like the sun and need the fresh air to keep us from getting too bored and cranky.

I started reading the book for book club this past week.  It is really good but takes a little while to get into.  I liked Kate Atkinson's other book with the same characters "Life After Life" better.  This one, "A God in Ruins" drags a bit, but it is picking up now after the first 70 pages.  I am hosting the discussion for this book, so I have to finish reading it quite soon and get some discussion questions together.  I don't have much time to read during the day, unless my son decides he just wants to be on his own and do his own thing for a while, so I end up reading before bed most nights.  I am also a slow reader too.  The fact that I get through one book a month, usually a book club book, is quite an accomplishment for me.  Once I finish reading the book for September and get discussion questions printed out, I immediately have to start reading the book for October or I won't be able to finish it.  Such is the life of a mom with a very active son.

I decided to focus on reading my book for book club this last week whenever I could find a few minutes to do so, so I didn't get my 2 TIME magazines read that I wanted to.  I skimmed through most of one because I wasn't interested in a lot of the articles and I am half way through another.  I'm not going to put it as a goal, but I would like to get through the magazine I'm reading now and two more if possible by this time next week.

I spent a lot of time blogging and writing in my journal during week 30.  It was an emotional week for me on many levels and I needed to get rid of some of the thoughts that kept popping up and making me anxious.  It was a very good thing for me to do because I was able to process and let go of or discuss with my husband some of the things that were making me anxious and I am feeling much better emotionally now.

My goals for week 31 are of a somewhat similar vein to the goals I set for myself for week 30.  Intellectual and physical stimulation are the theme for week 31.

Goals for week 31:
1) Drink at least 80 oz of water daily
2) Daily walk outside (weather permitting)
3) Daily list of at least 2 things I am grateful for each day to share on next healthier living blog post
4) Research more information about selling stock photos online for extra income
5) Continue to read book for book club and catch up on reading TIME magazines
6) Spend time outside with my family and be more active together

No comments: