Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Week 50 of Healthier Living in January 2016

1/6/2016
For Week of: 12/30/2015 - 1/6/2016
Weigh in Weight: 149.0 lbs
Previous Weigh in Weight: 148.4 lbs.

Goals for Week 50:
1) Read 30 minutes to 1 hour daily
2) Nap whenever possible
3) Crochet more scarves for custom orders and Etsy shop and post listings
4) Make healthier snack choices
5) Start 52 weeks of gratitude challenge blog on 1/1/2016

I am extremely tired tonight so I am going to be brief.  I worked on and completed 3 of my 5 goals for week 50.  I read for at least 30 minutes each day, which was awesome.  Taking the time to read each day, makes me feel human, it makes me feel like myself, my true self.  I started reading the book, The Nightingale, and it is good so far.  I am looking forward to catching up eventually on my TIME magazines as well.

I didn't get to take many naps because I had to take care of one or both of our boys each day.  There was one day I took a short nap while all of us watched a movie.  It was nice to take a nap.  I am hoping to get more naps in as we work on getting a routine down together.

I didn't crochet any new scarves, but plan to crochet two during week 51.

I did pretty well with making healthier snack choices.  I had more fruit and low carb snacks and cheese sticks.  I plan to continue working on making healthier snack choices from now on.  It is a life style choice forever not just for now.  Living a healthier is a life style not just a trend or short term goal. 

And despite my better judgement, I am taking on another year long journey with a 52 weeks of gratitude journal, which I will be blogging about during the whole year of 2016.  I posted my week 1 topic on 1/1, which was my goal.  I didn't know if I wanted to do another year long weekly blogging challenge like my healthier living journey, but decided to do it in the end because, this healthier living journey has been a great one and I am glad I did it.

Most of my goals for week 51 of my healthier living journey are the same as week 50.  I have somethings that I need to work on and get done so I am keeping those on my goals list.  Until next time, Keep on keeping on!

Goals for Week 51: 1/6 - 1/13/2016
1) Drink at least 80 oz of water daily
2) Make healthier snack choices
3) Crochet more scarves for custom orders
4) Nap whenever possible
5) Read 30 - 60 minutes daily

No comments: