Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Week 52 of Healthier Living in January 2016

1/20/2016
For week of: 1/13 - 1/20/2016
Weigh in Weight: 149.6 lbs.
Previous Weigh in Weight: 150.0 lbs.

Goals for Week 52:
1) Crochet more scarves for custom orders
2) Drink at least 80 oz of water daily
3) Make healthier snack choices
4) Nap whenever possible
5) Read 30-60 minutes daily
6) Get creative about getting exercise daily while still recovering from c-section

For the last week of my healthier living journey in 2015 and most of January 2016, I worked on and completed 5 out of 6 goals.  I still struggle to make the time to sit and crochet these days, mostly because once I start a project, I need a certain amount of time to work on it each time I sit down to do it.  With an almost two month old and an almost 3 1/2 year old, it's just not happening.  I really want to get started this week sometime though, maybe this weekend.

As for my other goals, I did much better with my water intake and making healthier snack choices during week 52.  I napped when I could and when I wasn't napping, I read.  I got creative about getting some form of exercise each day, but need to work on that more, especially now that I can do a little more intensive things now.  I'd like to get back on the treadmill and slowly work my way back to my speed walking exercising. 

Overall, besides the crocheting, my last week of my healthier living journey was a success.  I am proud of myself for making it through the entire year.  Many times I just wanted to quit, but I didn't.  I persevered and kept with it.  I didn't quit and now I have a story to tell of my year long journey of attempting to live an overall healthier life.

Next and final post:
What I've learned about myself over the year on my healthier living journey

No comments: