Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Week 51 of Healthier Living in 2016

1/13/2016
For week of 1/6 - 1/13/2016
Weigh in Weight: 150.0 lbs
Previous Weigh in Weight: 149.0 lbs, gain of 1 lb.

Goals for Week 51:
1) Drink at least 80 oz of water daily
2) Make healthier snack choices
3) Crochet more scarves for custom orders
4) Nap whenever possible
5) Read 30-60 minutes a day

Even though I gained 1 lb. by the end of week 51, I did really well on my goals this week.  The only one I didn't work on at all was my goal to crochet more scarves.  I will have a little more time to work on those this weekend because my oldest son will be visiting my husband's parents and I will only have our youngest to take care of while my husband is gone all day Friday and most of Saturday. 

I did not get too many naps in this week, but when I had a chance I took it, even if it was only for a few minutes.  Sometimes I chose to read for part of the time I could have taken a nap.  So I was able to read and take naps.  It was wonderful. :). I was even able to read an entire book this week.  Albeit, it was a short book, but I was able to read the whole thing.  I have made a point of reading before I go to sleep every night the past week and plan to continue to do so, except on the nights I am far to exhausted to.

I had to remind myself to drink at least 80 oz of water daily.  I didn't drink that much everyday, but I tried really hard to do so.  I will continue to work on making sure I drink enough water each day.

I also worked really hard on making healthier snack choices with some success and some failure, but definitely progress.  I will continue to work on this too.

So overall, week 51 was a good week goal wise.  It was a bit rough emotionally and mentally for me and I desperately need to get back into a daily or at least a few times a week walking routine.  My body and mind are suffering from lack of movement.  I've had to take it very easy since I'm still recovering for my c-section.  I see my doctor for my 6 week post-op next Wednesday and will talk to her about the level of exercise I can start doing once she gives me the okay that things have healed nicely and that nothing is wrong.

So for my last week of my healthier living year long journey, I am not going to change my goals.  I currently have goals that will help me physically, mentally, and emotionally.  And that's all for now, so until next time, Keep on keeping on!

Goals for week 52:
1) Crochet more scarves for customs orders
2) Drink at least 80 oz of water daily
3) Make healthier snack choices
4) Nap whenever possible
5) Read 30-60 minutes daily
6) Get creative about getting 15-20 minutes of some form of exercise daily while still recovering from c-section

No comments: