Saturday, January 2, 2016

52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge: Week 1

Week 1: Why Start This Challenge

I don't make New Year resolutions because they can so easily go by the wayside by February.  But each year I give myself goals to work on throughout the year.  In 2015 and part of January 2016, I journaled and blog about my journey to be an overall healthier person, in mind, body and spirit.

I was having a hard time trying to figure out if I wanted to take on another year long journey, so to find some possible inspiration I looked around on Pinterest and found the 52 weeks of gratitude challenge, which I am starting today with this very post.

Why am I starting this challenge?  2016 looks to be a year of a lot of transition.  Learning how to be a family of four is going to be the biggest one, but there are also many other possible transitions that may take place and until they do, a lot of waiting.  For me, waiting causes anxiety, which in turn causes me to lose focus on the many things I have to be grateful for in my life.

That is why I have decided, even though it is hard at times to stay motivated, to embark on a 52 weeks of gratitude journey in 2016.  I will be using a prompt guide I found on Pinterest.  Each week I will focus on a different thing I am grateful for in my life or about myself.

So come follow along with my journey!  Until next time Keep on keeping on!

No comments: