Sunday, February 18, 2007

Hanging out in Northfield, Part I

Today I am hanging out at my parent's house like I do every Sunday; doing my laundry for free, watching some Daytona 500 Nascar, and shutting myself up in my old room/the office trying to read Eusibius for class on Tuesday. I like coming down here on Sunday's for many reasons. Here are just a few:
1) I get a chance to talk to the parental units about their week
2) I get to do my laundry for free and get a free meal that I don't have to make myself
3) It is relaxing
4) It gives me time to recooperate and get ready to start a new week of craziness in Luther Seminary Land

These are the main reasons I like to hang out in Northfield on Sundays. Now I just have to motivate myself to read for class rather than read the Bible (the newest edition of Entertainment Weekly).

I'm feeling confident that soon I will be able to get my act together and not be so flighty. So much to do, so little time. I've decided to take a break from working on my thesis this weekend and regroup to start again tomorrow. So yesterday I spent the day at home, in my sauna like apartment reading for classes, then watched a movie and then went to sleep. Today, like wise I am working on motivating myself to read for class on Tuesday. Sometimes it is better to put something aside for a while and muse on it rather than force something, which turns out bad and you have to start all over again anyway. So I'll begin working on my thesis again tomorrow, "in the library" where I will be spending most of the day.

Enough of this random bullshit, I've got to go read. Later y'all

1 comment:

doulos theou said...

Wow. I just read Megan's new blog without seeing anything tragic or disastrous. So something new is happening in your life for a change.

I was gonna say with the rate that bad things are happening to you, you might want to consider setting a will, filling out an organ donor card, and buying life insurance. When the time comes, I will have Cliff or Aaron come pick you up. They will come all dressed up and put you into a bag nicely.