Saturday, February 10, 2007

I can't concentrate...I'm too sad

I can't concentrate on what I need to be doing.

A good friend of my family died last night around 11pm from brain cancer. Her name is Jenelle, and she is my pastor's wife, Pastor Mike's wife. All I can think about is how she is no longer in pain, that she is at peace with God in heaven, and how sad I am for Pastor Mike and his kids. I wish there was something I could do to make it all better for them but I can't.

So I will be going down to Northfield tonight and going to church with mom early tomorrow. I am going to give Pastor Mike a huge hug and tell him how sorry I am for his loss. I don't know what else to do.
When someone close to you dies, it really makes you wonder what life is all about. It makes you appreciate the people in your life even more than you thought you ever could. And so, I end this blog urging all of you to say a prayer for Pastor Mike, Jenelle, and their children. Thank you.

1 comment:

Karen Elizabeth said...

Megan. If there is anything I can do...

dying makes us acutely aware of our mortality, of the depths that the soul can reach. this isn't bad, it just hurts.

grieving happens in strange ways, hits us at hard times, and affects us in so many ways.

if you need a soul to search with, a good cry, or even a healthy laugh, let me know. i'm there in an instant.