Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A day in the life of me, Part I

I put Part I in the title because I have a feeling this may end up being a two or three parter blog. Who knows... Today I got to work early, I think I signed in around 9:55, which is amazing because usually I'm a couple minutes late. I had to go and talk to the business office about getting some money back that has apparently just been sitting in a student account. It was supposed to be an online payment towards my short term loan back in October or November, I can't remember, but apparently unless I go in to the office and specify what the money is going towards, it just sits in an account somewhere. Personally, I don't understand why they even have the online payment option if you have to go into the office anyway to tell them what the money is going towards. Yet another fabulous example of the wonderful communication taking place at Luther Seminary.

Lately, some friends of mine and I have been looking at moving into a house off-campus because hopefully it will be cheaper for all involved. I am excited to live with people again. I will have my own room and space to escape when I need to but there are also people around to talk to and hang out with. And not just any people, but really cool people, so I feel very blessed.

As for other news, I was able to get my money back from the business office which is good. I'm going to deposit it in the bank today. And my very good friend Michelle is turning 25 on Monday, and I am going to hopefully be taking her out for dinner and whatever else, whenever she doesn't work this weekend. I am excited to be able to spend some time with her. I haven't really done that in a long time. Well a long time for us anyway.

I am slowly working on putting together my bibliography for my Master's thesis on English martyrs during the English Reformation 1520-1560... It is going well. By Feb. 5, I want to have my bibliography done for the most part and an outline of my paper. Actually, I need to have it done because I am meeting with my thesis advisor that day and she wanted me to have a tentative bibliography and outline. I personally would like to have a complete bibliography, with maybe one or two more things to add and a complete outline of the paper. So there are many things to do in the next few weeks.

Other than being a total nerd and working on my thesis and trying to get as many hours as possible in the office, I am just doing my thing, doing my thing, hanging out with friends and family whenever I can and spending quality time doing my thing as always.

No comments: