Thursday, January 11, 2007

Okay now...

I'm feeling better now about my situation, having vented to everyone I know in some capacity or other. I'm not going to let the man get me down. It's a fight to the death and I'm determined to win.
I had a meeting with my thesis advisor yesterday and have picked an interesting topic and am really getting into the research part, which is fun. I'm going to write about martyrdom in England during the English reformation... to be continued when I get back from lunch...back now. Ok so what was I saying? Oh, that's right, I know what I am going to write my thesis on, I have been asked to TA again for Professor Haemig, who is also my thesis advisor and a well known reformation historian. Sadly, it is in the German reformation, but I believe she will still be a good person to have by my side and make good contacts from.
I'll probably get back into archiving and curatorial work when I graduate, at least until I make myself credible in the real world and learn enough german to pass the language exam for PhD study. So you see, I have worked a few things out in the past day or two and feel alot better about my situation.
Hopefully, I'll be moving into a house with some friends soon, which will be nice, not only for the company but also hopefully it will be less money than what I'm paying out now a month. Things are definitely looking up although as always, I still plan on sticking it to the man. That is my new favorite phrase, sticking it to the man, especially when I'm stressed out about life and decisions that need to be made. So you will be hearing it alot in the next few months.

No comments: