Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Late...

I'm going to be late for work today because I've decided that for the rest of the week I am not showing up until 11 in the am instead of the time I'm scheduled to be in which is 10 am. Why have I decided this? I have decided this because my boss has asked me to come in only in the afternoons instead of when I am scheduled to come in. Therefore, I will concede slightly to her dumb ideas and show up an hour later. I'm still staying till 4 though, that she can't do anything about. And if it really upsets her that much, she can just fire me.

There are more important things to do and think about than working a stupid office job for bosses I can't stand the sight of anymore. For example, I have recently applied for a much better job and am waiting to hear back about an interview. My friend Karen has heard from Augsburg Fortress about a possible position and there are many prayers needed for her at this time as well as for my own job search. My favorite Pastor, Pastor Mike from my home church is leaving soon to take another call in Faribault. He will be sorely missed and needs many prayers. Many people I know are going through a transition time right now in their lives. We all need great support from those around us and many many prayers for our safe travels into an unknown future.

On another note... Yesterday my friend Kari and I went to Stillwater to a great antique bookstore and spent a few hours looking through all the books and theology, church history and many more subjects related to the church and the world. It was really fun. I searched for some books I could use for my thesis and found a lot of interesting, informational resources for my bibliography. Of course I need to find more by Monday, which is why I'll be spending some time in the library this week, but it is definitely a good start. The bookstore, Loome's Books or something like that is located in an old catholic church. There are books all over, in piles and on shelves, it is a nerds paradise. They even have books up in the balcony area, yet it was freezing cold because that section of the church is not heated. You have to stay in the back area because that is the only place that is heated, everywhere else isn't. So needless to say, it is an amazing place and I want to go back when I will have a whole day to sit and peruse through everything.

Since this blog has turned into a short story already, I might as well add one more thing. I have started going to a young adult ministry group that meets on Monday nights, and I really enjoy it. Most of the time I like to sit and listen to what other people have to say, because I never really know what to say. But it is nice to be able to go out and talk about God and faith outside of the Luther Seminary community with a great group of people who I enjoy spending time with.

On that note, I am going to go and get ready for my day of boring work and then whatever comes after.

1 comment:

Karen Elizabeth said...

megs- have I ever told you how much I like you?
I want to visit the bookstore with you some time. I love stillwater in general.