Saturday, January 27, 2007

My Day in, Part II

I have spent the day in my apartment because it is too cold to go outside and do anything. I finally dusted, swept and swiffered my whole apartment, which really needed to be done. Today was a cleaning day, except for laundry, which I'll do for free tomorrow at the parental units' house. It is nice to have a day in every once in a while. I didn't go in to work on Wednesday, but it was for a good reason, I was diligently working on updating my resume and writing a cover letter so I can get out of Sem. Relations asap. Today, I did some work too, cleaning my apartment, but it was a different kind of work. It wasn't mentally straining, I didn't have to think about anything. I just turned my stereo up and dusted and swiffered. It was nice. Now I am making dinner and going to watch a movie and read my fun book I've been slowly reading then go to bed. Sometimes it is just nice to stay in and be by oneself. It is important to have a balance in one's life of being with people and being alone, well I think it is anyway. Of course, sometimes it is numbingly boring being at home alone and all you want to do is hang out with people.
Today was the perfect day to stay indoors and be alone. Other days it is different. I guess it depends on how much social contact with others you've had in the previous days or will have in the coming days. I have been fortunate to be able to spend some quality time with my amazing friends the past couple of days, so I feel good about having some time to myself today. So the point of the matter is, it was a good day.

2 comments:

Karen Elizabeth said...

we have had fun lately...but I totally understand the need for quiet. I listened to NPR for five hours on friday, while driving home. Very few things would have been as satisfying to me then time to let my mind wander while being all alone. See you soon.

Karen Elizabeth said...

totally had fun last night as well. I love that I can just show up to that thing and not have to plan it. what a wonderful feeling it is to have so few strings attached.