Thursday, March 29, 2007

Finally Broke Free

I have finally broken free of my month of confinement in prison, aka The Library. Yesterday with my friend Karen, I handed in my hard copies of my thesis. I am officially done with this leg of the race. Now on to the next part which is my conversation and submission of the final product to the library. But I'm not as worried about this part because I am more than ready to defend my thesis.

In other news, I am feeling much less stressed now. My next project is to finish memorizing the Small Catechism and the Articles of Confession and get that reciting done asap so I don't have to think about it anymore. I am also throwing myself back into the job hunt now that I have more time to really put into it. I am determined to have a job lined up for after graduation.

Last night I went to a movie just for shits and grins. I went to see Reign Over Me. Fabulous movie. If you haven't seen it, what are you waiting for? It's really good. So is 300. I like going to the movies in the middle of the week. It helps to calm me down and allows me to escape from the monotony of everyday life for a few hours. Because life does become monotonous when you've spent the last month pent up in prison (the Library), feeling alienated from everyone, all your friends and family. I don't think I've felt that lonely in a long time. I think that is why I become so obsessed with a project while I'm doing it. I know I have to get it done and done well and I can't have any distractions. Now that I have finally broken free, I realize how lonely I was and how much I missed out on with my friends and family. I suppose sacrifices must be made at time, but when does it go to far? I'm still working on that part. Someday I hope I can relax more.

3 comments:

Karen Elizabeth said...

Dude, we watched movies and ate oreos last night...probably stayed up way too late..but it was really fun. Jane had us rolling with laughter. We had to stop the movie twice, and rewind because we were laughing so hard at her comments that we couldn't hear the movie.

doulos theou said...

Did you say you are "determined" to have a job lined up for after graduation? You can't do that and travel at the same time. Ask me how that works if you don't understand.

doulos theou said...

Actually you can, but you can't do significant travelling. You should travel because you can unless you have resource issues. I haven't been able to travel in the past few years for various reasons.