Friday, March 2, 2007

Taking the Bus

Alright, so it's fun to play in all the snow but driving around in it is ridiculous. Yes, it is completely ridiculous. So yesterday I drove over to Luther Sem., parked my car in the lot outside OCC and left it there. Hopefully it will still be there when I go to get it today.
I did that and took the bus home. I'm taking the bus back to Luther later today to get my car Ed-Bob. Why am I telling you this story? It's to prove how ridiculous driving in 20 in. of snow is. My life was full of adventure yesterday. I took the bus home, trudged through the snow from the bus stop home. Then I remembered that I had to get my drugs from the pharmacy so I walked across the busiest intersection near my apartment, University and Snelling, to get to Walgreens. That was a trip in itself.
I did have fun playing and trudging through the snow to get to the bus, from the bus stop to my apartment, and to the pharmacy and back, but I miss Ed-Bob, my tiny Saturn. We have a special relationship. We've been through a lot together and I hope to get him back soon, with minimal shoveling involved. Well one can hope anyway.
School was closed down because of the weather. This is good and bad. It is good because I'm extremely behind in the reading for the class I would have had today and now I have time to maybe catch up a bit. It is bad because I need to be in the library working on my thesis. Right now I only have a few sources with me that I checked out last week, the rest are in the library. AHHH!!!! I can't wait till this thesis stuff is over.
So again, there is a good side and a bad side to all this snow. The good, it is fun to play in and is pretty; the bad, it is ridiculous to drive in.

No comments: