Saturday, March 3, 2007

How much is too much...

Sometimes I find myself biting off way more than I can chew. I get myself involved in too many things, have too high of expectations for myself and others, etc...
For example, tonight I was invited to a friend's apartment for her annual "hot" party. What is this "hot" party you may be asking yourself? My friend Tessa turns up the heat in her apartment and everyone comes dressed in summer clothes and hang out, eat, drink, and be merry.
Then a few days ago, one of my best buds called and wanted to go to dinner tonight. This dinner would be with some of my closest friends who I haven't seen in over a month, so I couldn't say no. But to be perfectly honest, all I really want to do today is go to the library until it closes and read through my thesis sources till my eyes feel like they are going to pop out of my head and then come home, get into pjs and watch movies.
But I am not going to do that because I have plans; plans which will be fun and plans which will allow me to see people I haven't seen in a long time. So really, sometimes I find myself biting off more than I can chew, but in this case, it will work out for the better.

1 comment:

doulos theou said...

Well it looks like you had something planned but a better option came along. It was not a difficult choice.

Sarah Harrold was shocked when I told her I read her blog. I think I got her blog from this one. Now she probably thinks that I am her secret admirer or something.

I actually don't have much time to read other people's stuff. Things can get really slow in a coffeeshop in winter months. Anyways, now I have to do mountains of paperwork for my psych eval for candadicy. That thing is a real pain in the ass. I should just give up and tell them that I am insane....from doing their things of course.