Friday, March 9, 2007

Is sleep overrated???

I'm sitting in the library again and I can't seem to concentrate. I'm trying to work on my thesis but I'm just too damn tired. I spent all night last night staring at my ceiling, which was fun for a while but then I just got annoyed by a smudge that I had never noticed before. I could have cleaned it but I was too tired to move. Yet I couldn't fall asleep. So now I am sitting in the library trying to be productive but my mind is just not working at full speed today. Hopefully after I eat lunch I'll wake up a bit and get a few more pages done. Well, other than my extremely exciting existence in the library not a whole hell of a lot is going on so I'll stop rambling now.

2 comments:

A Page From My Notebook said...

You can do it! I know you can!

doulos theou said...

REM sleep is never overrated and is perhaps the only type of sleep that matters. During REM sleep, your mind is actually more active than most of your waking moments as it consolidates memories and recharges your synoptic nerves and neurotransmittors. Occasional deprivation can lead to depression and chemical imbalance in your brain, but chronic deprivation can lead to death and destruction when you eventually morph into a screeching harpy.