Saturday, March 31, 2007

Feeling kind of lazy...

The weather outside is frightful, and in my apartment is so delightful (except that it really needs to be cleaned thoroughly and I'm too lazy to do it today), so it's been hard to get up and do anything today. I've spent most of the day reading and taking naps, not moving a whole lot from my bed. This is the first weekend in a month that I have been able to truly relax. I don't really know what to do with this new found freedom.

Still there are things I would like to do today. For example, I would like to get over to the seminary and use God's gym, since I didn't go yesterday. I also need to go out and buy my mom a card for her birthday and something else to go with it. What that something else is going to be, I have no idea. She's almost as hard to shop for as Ted. I thought women were supposed to be easier to shop for, but what do I know.

So now I am trying to get ready to actually do something today and it's not going very well. I told a friend yesterday that I would stop by and hang out sometime today after I get done at the gym, but I don't really feel like going anywhere. But if I don't go anywhere this afternoon, then by tonight, I'll be so bored with myself and want to go out and do something and no one else will want to. But at the same time, it's nice to be able to sit around and relax and not have to worry about getting something important done right away. So what is one to do in this situation? Do I go out and face the busy world, or do I stay in and do things on my own time and just finally relax? I think today I am leaning towards staying in and not being opposed to going out if someone calls and wants to do something. Decisions, decisions. They are hard to make when a person is feeling kind of lazy.

No comments: